Green Entrepreneur Internships,Green Grants for Small Biz
(Our apologies for the poor lighting. Mr. Lesko did it himself. So please tell him that he needs to get a grant to study video production the next time you see him.)
Win Win Envirolution
132 E 7th St Suite 1
New York, NY 10009
Small Businesses Get Free Energy Audits and Green Grants:
With funding from the state, his EcoBizNYC organization provides free environmental consulting services for business in New York City so they can cut their energy costs.
Small businesses receive:
- Free one-on-one consultations on how to green your small business.
- Free sustainability assessment by EcoBizNYC to evaluate water usage, waste disposal, procurement, greenspace creation, composting and more.
- Free energy assessment from NYSERDA (New York State Energy Research and Development Authority) - an average value of $250.
- A comprehensive savings guide including tax rebates, discounts and incentives.
- A step-by-step sustainability guide for businesses and their vendors.
- Free advertising, green networking and community recognition.
- Participating small businesses are also eligible for a $1,000 grant to help pay for environmental improvements.
Free Training To Be An Energy Entrepreneur
The NYC Pilot CEC Training Program trains local young adults to become Community Energy Consultants (CECs) who:
- Engage small businesses in their communities.
- Perform walk-through energy audits.
- Evaluate the energy consumption, costs and related green house gas (GHG) emissions.
- Direct small business owners to applicable energy efficiency incentive programs, products and services.
- Help market the businesses' green efforts to the public.