PAY YOUR BILLS
START A BUSINESS
FREE MONEY SEARCH
FREE MONEY NEWS
Every medical school website is a bit different. Where possible, the list below includes a direct link to financial aid. Otherwise, you will find financial aid as you explore the main site (try links to “student services,” “prospective students” or “student affairs” if not clear).
The same is true with telephone numbers. Direct numbers are provided where possible. If the number is not direct, ask the operator for the financial aid office.
Email addresses are not included because they very often reach only a specific person and are frequently subject to change. It will waste your time and theirs if you need to be referred to someone else. Your interest in a particular medical school will be strong enough to remind you to obtain current relevant email contacts.
If you are looking at several schools simultaneously, keep a notebook with pages for each school. Even if you think you will remember what you have learned, write it all down anyway—you’ll be glad you did!
Many financial-aid websites contain handbooks for applicants. The University of Wisconsin, University of Vermont, and the University of Texas sites have particularly clear directions for the financial-aid process. These handbooks are excellent sources of state-funding available for medical school.
Sample Money ProgramsFamilies With Incomes Less Than $100,000 Go Free (Yale)Money For Tuition and Expenses To Practice In Rural Areas (U of Alabama)Free Tuition (U of So. Alabama)75 Scholarships (U of Arizona)60% Grants, 40% Loans (Sanford U)87% of Students Receive Scholarships (U of Calif. San Francisco)80% of Students Receive from $2,000 to Full Tuition (U of So. California)Lowest Private Medical School Tuition (Howard U)Free Housing (Florida State)All 40 Members of the Charter Class Receive Full 4-Year Scholarships (U of Central Florida)
Add to Favorites
1) University of Alabama School of Medicine 1530 3rd Avenue, South, FOT 1203 Birmingham, AL 35294-3412 205-934-8707205-934-8724 faxhttp://medicine.uab.edu http://medicine.uab.edu/education/prospective/financialaid/ -71 scholarships available, some focusing specifically on rural medicine. -11 State Merit scholarships: $5,000 for 3.75 overall undergrad GPA, 30 or + MCAT (first try), admissions committee rating of 9. Renewable annually if in top 20% of class. 15 grants to UAB students; 6 to University of South Alabama students. -As of 2004-5, 79% of students received financial aid. -Special outside links: LGBT Heart Scholars http://www.lgbtheart.org/Scholarship_info.html Vietnamese American Medical Association http://www.vamausa.org
2) University of South Alabama College of Medicine 307 University Boulevard Mobile, AL 36688 251-460-7918http://www.southalabama.edu/com/md.shtmlhttp://www.southalabama.edu/com/pdf/handbook.pdf -6 State Merit Scholarships (see above); 4 Minority Tuition Waivers, based on State Merit Criteria; other Tuition Waivers, number unspecified.
3) University of Arizona College of Medicine Arizona Health Sciences Center 1501 North Campbell Ave; P.O. Box 245017 Tucson, AZ 85724-5018 520-626-7145http://www.financial-aid.medicine.arizona.edu/ -Over 75 named scholarships plus more anonymous donations include: Betty B. -A number of other scholarships focus on Native American heritage. Arkansas
4) University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Medicine 4301 W Markham Slot 601 Little Rock, AR 72205 501-686-5813http://www.uams.edu/com/default.asphttp://www.uams.edu/com/fin-aid/default.asp -Many scholarships focus on supporting residents of or service to Arkansas communities. Roughly half of scholarships are from alumni classes, parent groups, and local associations. California
5) Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern CaliforniaFinancial Aid Office 1975 Zonal Avenue, KAM B22 Los Angeles, CA 90089-9033323-442-1016213-740-0680 faxhttp://www.usc.edu/schools/medicine/education/financial_aid/med_students/funding http://www.usc.edu/admission/fa/applying_receiving/graduates/OverviewMedical.html - Over 80% of Keck students receive financial aid, and USC scholarships range from $2,000 to full tuition), Keck refers students to general scholarship-search services. 6) Loma Linda University School of Medicine 11175 Campus Street Coleman Pavilion, Ste A1108 Loma Linda, CA 92350 909-558-4467800-422-4558 toll freehttp://www.llu.edu/medicine/index.pagehttp://www.llu.edu/medicine/contactus.pagehttp://www.llu.edu/central/ssweb/finaid/index.page -Site contains no scholarship specifics; applicants are referred to sites like http://www.fastweb.com/ and http://www.scholarships.com/
7) Stanford University School of Medicine Attn: MD Financial Aid251 Campus DriveStanford, CA 94305-5119650- 723-6958650-723-6475 faxhttp://med.stanford.edu/http://med.stanford.edu/financial_aid/ - Stanford maintains a grant-to-loan ratio of 60:40. 8) University of California, Davis, School of Medicine 4610 X Street Sacramento, CA 95817 916-734-4120916-734-4116 fax http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/ome/http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/ome/finaid/
9) University of California, Irvine, School of Medicine Office of Educational Affairs, Building 802 Irvine, CA 92697-4089 949-824-6138 http://www.healthaffairs.uci.edu/som/http://www.healthaffairs.uci.edu/som/meded/Students/index.html - Grants made on the basis of financial need.
10) University of California, Los Angeles David Geffen School of MedicineFinancial Aid Office 12-109 Center for Health Sciences Los Angeles, CA 90095 310-825-4181310-794-1629 faxhttp://www.medstudent.ucla.edu/current/http://www.medstudent.ucla.edu/current/fao/ - See Pennies from Heaven for scholarship ideas from students on website.
11) University of California, San Diego School of Medicine 9500 Gilman Drive La Jolla, CA 92093-0602 http://meded.ucsd.edu/http://meded.ucsd.edu/asa/financial_aid/index.cfm 858-534-0830 - The Whipple/Harper scholarships emphasize students turning difficulties in their own lives into community concerns.
12) University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine 513 Parnassus Avenue San Francisco, CA 94143-0410 415-476-4044http://medschool.ucsf.edu/http://saawww.ucsf.edu/financial/general/budget.htm - about 89% of students received financial aid, 87% receive scholarships.
13) University of Colorado School of Medicine 4200 E 9th AveDenver, CO 80262 303-315-7565http://www.uchsc.edu/som/http://www.cudenver.edu/ADMISSIONS/COSTSFINANCING/DOWNTOWNCAMPUS/FINANCIALAID/Pages/FinancialAid.aspx - Heavy emphasis on Colorado-residents and Colorado-based grants. Connecticut
14) University of Connecticut School of Medicine 263 Farmington Avenue Farmington, CT 06030860-679-3574 or860-679-3873860-679-1902 faxhttp://medicine.uchc.edu/prospective/admissions/index.htmlhttp://studentservices.uchc.edu/financial/scholar_loan.html - Free State tuition for people if need, 2 UCHC Auxiliary $5,000 scholarships
15) Yale University School of Medicine Financial Aid OfficeHarkness HallNew Haven, CT 06520-8055203-785-2645203-785-2924 faxhttp://info.med.yale.edu/ysm/admissions/http://medicine.yale.edu/education/finaid/ -Major restructuring of financial aid program, 2008: family contribution expected only in families with income over $100,000 (up from $45,000). Seven out of 8 students receive financial aid, including scholarship.
District Of Columbia
16) George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences 2300 Eye Street, N.W. Washington, DC 20037 202-994-2960202-994-9488 faxhttp://gwumc.edu/edu/admis/http://gwumc.edu/smhs/Fin-Aid/ -Over 30 school-based scholarships; institutional aid, including $5,000 Women’s Board grant. GWU publishes a budget-calculation formula showing what you can expect. 17) Georgetown University School of Medicine 3900 Reservoir Road, N.W. Washington, DC 20007 202-687-1693http://som.georgetown.edu/http://som.georgetown.edu/prospectivestudents/financialaid/- Site concentrates exclusively on loans; institutional aid. Nine percent of students seek/obtain armed/govt.-services funding. 18) Howard University College of Medicine 520 W Street, N.W. Washington, DC 20059202-806-6270Fax: 202-806-7934http://medicine.howard.edu/http://www.med.howard.edu/finAid/default.htm - Howard claims the lowest private medical-school tuition in the US. It publishes a detailed guide to loans and institutional scholarships. Florida
19) Florida State University College of Medicine 1115 West Call Street Tallahassee, FL 32306-4300850-645-1279850-645-2919 faxhttp://med.fsu.edu/http://med.fsu.edu/StudentAffairs/FinAid/default.asp - Ask about rent-free housing! 20) University of Central Florida College of Medicine P. O. Box 160116 Orlando, FL 32816-0116407-823-2827407-823-5241 faxhttp://www.med.ucf.edu/admissions/http://www.med.ucf.edu/academics/financial_aid/index.asp - All 40 members of the Charter Class are attending on full, 4-year scholarships. 21) University of Florida College of Medicine Box 100216 Gainesville, FL 32610 352-273-7939352-846-0812 faxhttp://www.med.ufl.edu/http://www.med.ufl.edu/oea/finaid/-Ask about rent-free housing! 22) University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine 1600 N.W. 10th Avenue Post Office Box 016099(R699) Miami, FL 33101305-243-6211305-243-8398 faxhttp://www.mededu.miami.edu/MedEdhttp://www.mededu.miami.edu/OSFA/index.htm - Seventeen pages of outside scholarship leads!
23) University of South Florida College of Medicine 12901 Bruce B. Downs Boulevard Tampa, FL 33612-4799 813-974-2229813-974-4990http://health.usf.edu/medicine/home.htmlhttp://www.hsc.usf.edu/medicine/mdadmissions/financial_information.htm - Two dozen institutionally-administered scholarships; amounts quoted are $1,000 or less. USF is revamping its website; be prepared to navigate. Georgia
24) Emory University School of Medicine 1440 Clifton Road, N.E. Atlanta, GA 30322404-778-3836800-727-6039 faxhttp://med.emory.edu/http://med.emory.edu/admissions/financialaid.cfm 25) Medical College of Georgia 1120 Fifteenth Street Augusta, GA 30912 706-721-4901706-721-9407http://www.mcg.edu/http://www.mcg.edu/students/finaid/ 26) Mercer University School of Medicine 1550 College Street Macon, GA 31207 478-301-3853478-301-5617 faxhttp://medicine.mercer.edu/http://medicine.mercer.edu/Admissions/admissions_financial/financial_dom
27) Morehouse School of Medicine 720 Westview Drive, SW Atlanta, GA 30310-1495 404-752-1500http://web.msm.edu/http://web.msm.edu/admissions/FA/financial_aid.htm Hawaii
28) University of Hawaii, John A. Burns School of Medicine 651 Ilalo Street, MEB Honolulu, HI 96813-5534 808-693-0920808-693-1252 faxhttp://jabsom.hawaii.edu/JABSOM/admissions/mdprogram.phphttp://www.hawaii.edu/fas/
29) Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science 3333 Green Bay Road North Chicago, I, 60064 847-578-3217http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/dnn/chicagomedicalschool/home/CMS/tabid/821/Default.aspxhttp://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/dnn/administration/FinancialAid/tabid/1942/Default.aspx 30) Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine 2160 South First Avenue Maywood, IL 60153708-216-3227708-216-0480 faxhttp://www.meddean.luc.edu/content/admissions-prospective-studentshttp://www.meddean.luc.edu/node/109 - 85% of students receive financial aid; two scholarships support the “ideals of Jesuit education” 31) Northwestern University The Feinberg School of Medicine 303 East Chicago Avenue Chicago, IL 60611-3008312-503-1923http://www.medschool.northwestern.edu/admissions/http://chicagofinancialaid.northwestern.edu 32) Rush Medical College of Rush University Medical Center 600 South Paulina Street, Suite 202 Chicago, IL 60612 312-942-6256312-942-2732 faxhttp://www.rushu.rush.edu/servlet/Satellite?c=RushUnivLevel1Page&cid=1142960797000&pagename=Rush%2FRushUnivLevel1Page%2FLevel_1_College_Home_Pagehttp://www.rushu.rush.edu/finaid/
33) Southern Illinois University School of Medicine 801 North Rutledge P.O. Box 19620 Springfield, IL 62794-9620217-545-2224http://www.siumed.edu/http://www.siumed.edu/studentaffairs/fahowtoapply.html- A long list of SIU-administered scholarships including County Medical Societies; including a $1200-1500 monthly stipend preferably a 1st-year med student, Carbondale campus. 34) University of Chicago Division of the Biological Sciences The Pritzker School of Medicine 5841 South Maryland Avenue, MC1000 Chicago, IL 60637-1470 773-702-1938 http://pritzker.bsd.uchicago.edu/admissions/ http://pritzker.bsd.uchicago.edu/admissions/financialaid/ - 75% of those receiving financial aid receive some in scholarship form.
35) University of Illinois College of Medicine 1853 West Polk Street (M/C 784) Chicago, IL 60612 217-333-5465217-333-8868 faxhttp://www.medicine.uic.edu/http://www.medicine.uic.edu/finaid - Contact the Office of Special Scholarships for lots of assistance in applying for outside scholarships. Indiana
36) Indiana University School of Medicine Indiana University Medical Center 1120 South Drive Indianapolis, IN 46202-5114 317-274-1967http://www.medicine.iu.edu/http://msa.iusm.iu.edu/financialaid/ - Scholarship information stresses the important part local medical societies and hospital foundations play in supporting and retaining medical students—not just in Indiana!
37) University of Iowa Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine 200 Medicine Administration Building Iowa City, IA 52242-1101319-335-8059319-335-8643 faxhttp://www.medicine.uiowa.edu/CCOM/http://www.medicine.uiowa.edu/osac/financial/ - Iowa has funds for partial-tuition set-aside; 30-40% of students qualify. Kansas
38) University of Kansas School of Medicine 3901 Rainbow Blvd Kansas City, KS 66160913-588-5200 http://www.kumc.edu/som/http://kumc.edu/studentcenter/financialaid
39) University of Kentucky College of Medicine MN-150 Chandler Medical Center Lexington, KY 40536-0298 859-323-5000http://www.mc.uky.edu/medicine/http://www.mc.uky.edu/meded/financialaid/index.asp- A large number of scholarships donated by UK graduates and supporters. Kentucky also guarantees that the amount of tuition you pay your first year stays the same for four years.
40) University of Louisville School of Medicine Abell Administration Center 323 East Chestnut Street Louisville, KY 40202-3866502-852-5187http://louisville.edu/medschoolhttp://Louisville.edu/medschool/finaid/ - Louisville asks that all interested students call the Financial Aid Office; no web info. Louisiana
41) Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans Student Financial Aid Office433 Bolivar St. New Orleans, LA 70112504-568-4820504-599-1390 faxhttp://www.medschool.lsuhsc.edu/http://www.lsuhsc.edu/no/students/financialaid/FinancialAidTypes.htm 42) Louisiana State University School of Medicine in Shreveport Post Office Box 33932 Shreveport, LA 71130-3932318-675-5339http://www.admissions.lsuhsc.edu/for_accepted_students.html- Both New Orleans and Shreveport offer a one-year full-tuition merit award from Louisiana Medical Mutual Insurance Company. For any other aid, contact LSU direct. 43) Tulane University School of Medicine 1430 Tulane Avenue SL77 New Orleans, LA 70112 504-865-5000http://tulane.edu/som/index.cfmhttp://www.finaidhsc.tulane.edu/links.htm- Tulane has one partial-tuition LAMMICO scholarship. Site contains an estimate that school-administered scholarship aid to qualifying students runs in the area of $5,000 per.
44) Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine 733 North Broadway Baltimore, MD 21205410-955-1324410-955-0544 faxhttp://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/som/http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/som/offices/finaid/ - While Hopkins appears to have a larger-than-usual institutional scholarship- base, be sure to fill out all medical school funding-access forms as well as FAFSA. 45) Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine 4301 Jones Bridge Road Bethesda, MD 20814-4799 800-772-1743 http://www.usuhs.mil/medschool/fehsom.html - Military commission & service: tuition-free. 46) University of Maryland School of Medicine 655 West Baltimore Street Baltimore, MD 21201 410-706-7347410-706-0824 faxhttp://medschool.umaryland.edu/http://medschool.umaryland.edu/osa/handbook/aid.asp- “America’s oldest medical school” administers a large fund of scholarships and loans. FinAid website has a very positive, helpful tone.
47) Boston University School of Medicine 715 Albany Street Boston, MA 02118617-638-5130877-776-6243Fax: 617-638-5116http://medschool.umaryland.edu/http://www.bumc.bu.edu/osfs/ - BU administers approx. 30 medical school scholarships and more than 50 loans, Including Mass. Medical Society loans of $5,000-10,000. 48) Harvard Medical School 25 Shattuck Street Boston, MA 02115617-432-1550http://hms.harvard.edu/hms/home.asphttp://hms.harvard.edu/admissions/default.asp?page=costshttp://www.hms.harvard.edu/finaid/index.html - Site notes that approx. 4 of 10 students receive financial aid. Contact Admissions for specifics. 49) Tufts University School of Medicine 136 Harrison Avenue Boston, MA 02111617-636-6547617-636-3447 faxhttp://www.tufts.edu/med/ http://www.tufts.edu/med/about/offices/finaid/index.html - Tufts administers approx. 30 loan funds and more than 50 scholarships. 50) University of Massachusetts Medical School 55 Lake Avenue North Worcester, MA 01655 508-856-8989877-210-2238http://www.umassmed.edu/som/index.aspxhttp://www.umassmed.edu/financialaid/ - UMass reminds students that Mass. residency is a requirement for admission.Financial aid specifics available only to current and admitted students.
51) Michigan State University College of Human Medicine A-110 East Fee Hall East Lansing, MI 48824 517-353-5940517-432-1155 faxhttp://humanmedicine.msu.edu/http://www.finaid.msu.edu/med/ - MSU adds scholarship info from its library; money for research grants, accessible health programs, and scholarship sources are mixed together but search: msu libraries scholarships grants harris23 via your browser if you have some time to hunt. 52) University of Michigan Medical School 1301 Catherine Road Medical Science Building I Ann Arbor, MI 48109-0624 734-763-4147Fax: 734-936-3510http://www.med.umich.edu/medschool/http://www.med.umich.edu/medschool/financialaid/ - Mich administers full, partial, and grant-in-aid tuition scholarships, along with a university-based child-care subsidy program. 53) Wayne State University School of Medicine 540 East Canfield Avenue Detroit, MI 48201313-577-1039http://home.med.wayne.edu/http://www.med.wayne.edu/student_affairs/financial_aid/ - Wayne State administers over 70 scholarship funds. Minnesota
54) Mayo Medical School Mayo Clinic College of Medicine 200 First Street, S.W. Rochester, MN 55905 507-284-4839http://www.mayo.edu/mms/ - Mayo supports all students to prevent “undue financial constraints” 55) University of Minnesota Medical School 420 Delaware Street S.E. Mayo Mail Code 293 Minneapolis, MN 55455 612-624-7675http://www.med.umn.edu/http://www.meded.umn.edu/financial/ - 25 awards to non-resident students defray the difference between in/out-of-state tuition costs. Mississippi
56) University of Mississippi School of Medicine 2500 North State Street Jackson, MS 39216 601-984-1117601-984-6984 faxhttp://som.umc.edu/http://financialaid.umc.edu - Excellent guide on Federal, state and university-based loans. Missouri
57) Saint Louis University School of Medicine 1402 South Grand Boulevard St. Louis, MO 63104 314-977-9840314-977-9811 faxhttp://medschool.slu.edu/index.phphttp://medschool.slu.edu/sfs - St. Louis specifies that all med-school scholarships and loans are needs-based; current med-school administered loan rate is 9%. 58) University of Missouri-Columbia School of Medicine MA204 Medical Sciences Building One Hospital Drive Columbia, MO 65212 573-882-2923http://som.missouri.edu/admit.shtmlhttp://som.missouri.edu/financial/ - Over 20 school-administered scholarships; mostly needs-based 59) University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine 2411 Holmes Street Kansas City, MO 64108-2792 816-235-1808816-235-5277 faxhttp://www.med.umkc.edu/http://www.sfa.umkc.edu/site2/index.cfm
60) Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine 660 South Euclid Avenue Box 8106 St. Louis, MO 63110 314-362-6845http://medschool.wustl.edu/admissions/http://sfsweb.wustl.edu/sfs/sfshome.aspx - A new half-and-half scholarship/loan policy for meeting student need!
61) Creighton University School of Medicine 2500 California Plaza Omaha, NE 68178 402-280-2731800-282-5835 toll freehttp://medschool.creighton.edu/http://www.creighton.edu/financialaid/ 62) University of Nebraska College of Medicine 986545 Nebraska Medical Center Omaha, NE 68198-6545 Financial Aid Office402-559-6409http://www.unmc.edu/dept/com/http://www.unmc.edu/financialaid/ Nevada 63) University of Nevada School of Medicine Pennington Medical Education Bldg./332 Reno, NV 89557-0071 877-666-0014 toll free775-784-4666http://www.medicine.nevada.edu/dept/asa/prospective_applicants/adm_home.htmhttp://www.medicine.nevada.edu/dept/asa/prospective_applicants/adm_financialaid.htm - UNSM notes that approximately 80% of students qualify for a needs-based scholarship award. New Hampshire 64) Dartmouth Medical School 1 Rope Ferry Road Hanover, NH 03755-1404603-650-1200http://dms.dartmouth.edu/admissions/http://dms.dartmouth.edu/admin/fin_aid/ New Jersey
65) University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey-New Jersey Medical School 65 Bergen St. Rm 1441 Newark, NJ 07107-3001 723-235-9184http://njms.umdnj.edu/http://umdnj.edu/studentfinancialaid/ - This site serves both the New Jersey Medical School and the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. 66) University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School 675 Hoes Lane Piscataway, NJ 08854-5635732-235-4689732-235-3264 faxhttp://rwjms.umdnj.edu/http://www.umdnj.edu/studentfinancialaid/ New Mexico 67) University of New Mexico School of Medicine Basic Medical Science Bldg; Room 107 Albuquerque, NM 87131505-272-8008http://hsc.unm.edu/som/http://hsc.unm.edu/som/finaid/ - Approx. 30 alumni-funded scholarships, some emphasis on Native American students. New York 68) Albany Medical College Mail Code 34 47 New Scotland Avenue Albany, NY 12208 518-262-5435http://www.amc.edu/Academic/index.htmlhttp://www.amc.edu/academic/Undergraduate/FinancialAid.html 69) Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University 1300 Morris Park Avenue Bronx, NY 10461718-430-2336http://www.aecom.yu.edu/admissions/ - Merit scholarships run $10,000-40,000; donor-supported grants run $1,000- 3,000. Approximately 300 corporate and individual donors. 70) Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons 630 West 168th Street New York, NY 10032 212-305-3595http://www.cumc.columbia.edu/dept/ps/http://cpmcnet.columbia.edu/student/finaid/index.html - Ample funds for needs-based scholarships. Sample award letters in the financial aid guide. 71) Mount Sinai School of Medicine of New York University One Gustave L. Levy Place New York, NY 10029-6574 212-241-5245http://www.mountsinai.org/Education/School%20of%20Medicine/Degrees%20and%20Programs/MD%20Programhttp://www.mssm.edu/students/financial_aid/ 72) New York Medical College Administration Building Valhalla, NY 10595 914-594-4491http://www.nymc.edu/medical/medical.asphttp://www.nymc.edu/studentlife/finplan/schoolindex.htm 73) New York University School of Medicine 550 First Avenue New York, NY 10016 212-998-4444http://admissions.med.nyu.edu/how-apply 74) State University of New York Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine 450 Clarkson Ave Brooklyn, NY 11203718-270-2488http://sls.downstate.edu/admissions/medicine/http://sls.downstate.edu/admissions/medicine/support_services.html - Good list of state scholarships. 75) State University of New York Upstate Medical University 750 E. Adams St. Syracuse, NY 13210 315-464-4329http://www.upstate.edu/http://www.upstate.edu/currentstudents/finaid/ 76) The School of Medicine at Stony Brook University Medical Center Level 4 - Room 169 Stony Brook, NY 11794-8430 631-444-2341http://www.hsc.stonybrook.edu/som/ - Good list of private scholarships and low-interest loans. 77) University at Buffalo State University of New York School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences 3435 Main Street Buffalo, NY 14214716-645-2450 http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/default.phphttp://src.buffalo.edu/financialaid/ 78) University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry 601 Elmwood Avenue Box 706 Rochester, NY 14642 585-275-4523http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/smd/http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/education/financial-aid/ 95% students use loans; over 50% receive scholarship aid as well. 79) Weill Cornell Medical College 1300 York Avenue New York, NY, 10021 212-746-1065/6 http://www.med.cornell.edu/education/ - One of the largest internal financing programs in the country. North Carolina 80) Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University 600 Moye Blvd. Greenville, NC 27834 252-744-2278http://www.ecu.edu/bsomadmissions/http://www.ecu.edu/bsomadmissions/financial.cfm - Four full-tuition scholarships and $5,000 needs-based grants; NC residents. 81) Duke University School of Medicine Post Office Box 2927 Durham, NC 27710 919-684-6649http://medschool.duke.edu/modules/som_rt/index.php?id=1http://medschool.duke.edu/modules/som_aid/index.php?id=1 - High priority for financial need. 82) University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine CB# 7000 Room 125, MacNider Building Chapel Hill, NC 27599919-962-6118http://www.med.unc.edu/http://www.med.unc.edu/md/financial-aid 83) Wake Forest University School of Medicine Medical Center Boulevard Winston-Salem, NC 27157336-716-2889http://www1.wfubmc.edu/MDprogram/http://www1.wfubmc.edu/FinancialAid/ - Nearly 60 endowed scholarships. North Dakota 84) University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences 501 North Columbia Road Box 9037 Grand Forks, ND 58202-9037 701-777-4221http://www.med.und.nodak.edu/http://www.med.und.nodak.edu/studentaffairs/financial_aid_procedures.html - Approx. 50 scholarship funds. Ohio 85) Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine 10900 Euclid Avenue Cleveland, OH 44106-4915216-368-3666http://casemed.case.edu/http://casemed.case.edu/financial_aid/ - Merit scholarships (3 funds) offer $20,000-40,000 each. 86) Northeastern Ohio Universities Colleges of Medicine and Pharmacy 4209 State Route 44 Post Office Box 95 Rootstown, OH 44272-0095 330-325-6481800-686-2511 toll free http://www.neoucom.edu/audience/applicants 87) Ohio State University College of Medicine 200 Meiling Hall 370 West Ninth Avenue Columbus, OH 43210-1238 614-292-8771http://medicine.osu.edu/http://medicine.osu.edu/studentaffairs/5620.cfm - Apply separately for special-eligibility OSU scholarships. 88) The University of Toledo College of Medicine 3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo, OH 43614 800-586-5336http://www.utoledo.edu/med/md/admissions/faq.html 89) University of Cincinnati College of Medicine Post Office Box 670555 Cincinnati, OH 45267-0555 513-558-6797http://www.med.uc.edu/ https://comdo-wcnlb.uc.edu/MedOneStop/FinancialAid/FinancialAid.aspx - UCinn-administered funds strongly favor Ohio residents. 90) Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine Post Office Box 927 Dayton, OH 45401-0927 937-775-2934http://www.med.wright.edu/admiss/index.html http://www.med.wright.edu/students/financialaid.html Oklahoma 91) University of Oklahoma College of Medicine Post Office Box 26901 940 Stanton Young Blvd., Rm 357 Oklahoma City, OK 73190 405-271-2118http://www.oumedicine.com/body.cfm?id=661&oTopID=661http://www.oumedicine.com/landing.cfm?id=633 - Good list of scholarship funds for Native American students. Oregon 92) Oregon Health & Science University School of Medicine 3181 S.W. Sam Jackson Park Road Portland, OR 97239 503-494-7800800-775-5460 toll freehttp://www.ohsu.edu/ohsuedu/academic/som/MD/admissions.cfmhttp://www.ohsu.edu/finaid/ Pennsylvania 93) Drexel University College of Medicine 2900 Queen Lane Philadelphia, PA 19129 215-895-2300877-DREXEL-5 toll free http://www.drexel.edu/em/grad/ducom/default.htmlhttp://www.drexel.edu/em/grad/ducom/financialaid/default.html 94) Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University 1025 Walnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19107-5083215-955-2867http://www.jefferson.edu/jmc/http://jefferson.edu/financialaid/ 95) Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine 500 University Drive Post Office Box 850 Hershey, PA 17033 717-531-7052http://www.pennstatehershey.org/web/md/admissionshttp://www.pennstatehershey.org/web/md/financialaid 96) Temple University School of Medicine 3400 North Broad Street Philadelphia, PA 19140 215-707-2667http://www.temple.edu/medicine/ http://www.temple.edu/sfs/med/ 97) University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine 3620 Hamilton Walk, Suite 295 Philadelphia, PA 19104-6055 215-573-3423http://www.med.upenn.edu/http://www.med.upenn.edu/financialaid/ - Up to 12 full-tuition merit scholarships each year. 98) University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine 401 Scaife Hall 3550 Terrace Street Pittsburgh, PA 15261412-648-9891http://www.medschool.pitt.edu/ http://www.medadmissions.pitt.edu/financial-aid/ - Four-year $7,500 alumni scholarship. Puerto Rico 99) Ponce School of Medicine Post Office Box 7004 Ponce, PR 00732787-840-2575http://www.psm.edu/http://www.psm.edu/Student_Affairs/Financial_Aid/fin_aid_about_department.htm 100) San Juan Bautista School of Medicine Carretera 172 URB Turabo Gardens Caguas, PR 00725 787-743-3038http://www.sanjuanbautista.edu http://www.sanjuanbautista.edu/Admissions.aspx
101) Universidad Central del Caribe School of Medicine Ramon Ruiz Arnau Laurel Avenue Bayamon, PR 009606032787-798-3010 http://www.uccaribe.edu/ http://www.uccaribe.edu/index.php?action=page_display&PageID=20
102) University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine Medical Sciences Campus P.O. Box 365067 San Juan, PR 00936-5067 787-765-2363http://md.rcm.upr.edu/ Rhode Island 103) The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University 97 Waterman Street Providence, RI 02912 401-863-1142http://bms.brown.edu/ http://bms.brown.edu/financialaid/ - $3.5 million in needs-based aid per year; average $20,000 scholarship. South Carolina 104) Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine 96 Jonathan Lucas Street P.O. Box 250617 Charleston, SC 29425 843-792-2536http://www.musc.edu/http://www.musc.edu/em 105) University of South Carolina School of Medicine School of Medicine University of South Carolina Columbia, SC 29208 803-733-3135http://medicaleducationoffice.med.sc.edu/ http://medicaleducationoffice.med.sc.edu/StudentServicesHomePage.htm - Over 20 school-administered scholarships. South Dakota 106) Sanford School of Medicine of the University of South Dakota 1400 West 22nd Street Sioux Falls, SD 57105-1570877-COYOTES toll freehttp://usd.edu/med/ Tennessee 107) East Tennessee State University James H. Quillen College of Medicine Post Office Box 70694 Johnson City, TN 37614 423-439-2035423-439-2070 faxhttp://com.etsu.edu - Rural medicine, small (60) class size, alumni scholarships 108) Meharry Medical College 1005 D. B. Todd Jr. Boulevard Nashville, TN 37208 615-327-6826http://www.mmc.edu/ 109) University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine 62 South Dunlap, #400 Memphis, TN 38163 901-448-5568http://gsm.utmck.edu/ http://www.utmem.edu/Medicine/Admissions/index.php?doc=COM_FINANCIAL_AID.html - Free, furnished housing for Knoxville rotation. 110) Vanderbilt University School of Medicine 21st Avenue South at Garland Avenue Nashville, TN 37232 615-343-6310615-343-2312 fax https://medschool.vanderbilt.edu/admissions/prospective-studentshttp://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/medschool/finaid/ - 25% of students qualify for 50 school-managed scholarships; $1,000-26,000.
111) Baylor College of Medicine One Baylor Plaza Houston, TX 77030713-798-4603http://www.bcm.edu/http://www.bcm.edu/financialaid/ 112) Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine Health Science Center COM 147 Joe H. Reynolds Medical Building College Station, TX 77843-1114 979-845-7743979-845-5533 faxhttp://medicine.tamhsc.edu/http://www.tamhsc.edu/education/catalog/intro/finaid.html
113) Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Paul L. Foster School of Medicine 4800 Alberta Ave. El Paso, TX 79905 806-743-3025806-743-3027 faxhttp://www.ttuhsc.edu/fostersom/http://www.ttuhsc.edu/FinancialAid/
114) Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine 3601 4th Street, MS 6207 Lubbock, TX 79430806-743-3025806-743-3027 faxhttp://www.ttuhsc.edu/students/prospective/som/http://www.ttuhsc.edu/FinancialAid/
115) University of Texas Medical Branch School of Medicine 301 University Boulevard Galveston, TX 77555-0133 [School of Allied Health – not M.D.]http://www.som.utmb.edu/
116) University of Texas Medical School at Houston 6431 Fannin Street Houston, TX 77030 713- 500-3860713-500-3863 faxhttp://sfs.uth.tmc.edu/http://med.uth.tmc.edu/
117) University of Texas School of Medicine at San Antonio 7703 Floyd Curl Drive Mail Code 7790 San Antonio, TX 78229-3900210-567-2635210-567-6643 faxhttp://studentservices.uthscsa.edu/prospects.aspxhttp://studentservices.uthscsa.edu/financialAid.aspx
118) University of Texas Southwestern Medical School 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard Dallas, TX 75390 214-684-3611http://www.utsouthwestern.edu/utsw/cda/dept21170/files/35547.htmlhttp://www8.utsouthwestern.edu/utsw/cda/dept20676/files/397565.html
119) University of Utah School of Medicine 30 North 1900 East Salt Lake City, UT 84132-2101 801-585-7572http://medicine.utah.edu/http://medicine.utah.edu/financialaid/ Vermont
120) University of Vermont College of Medicine E109 Given Building 89 Beaumont Avenue Burlington, VT 05405802-656-5700802-656-4076http://www.uvm.edu/admissions/?Page=com_admissions.htmlhttp://www.uvm.edu/~stdfinsv/
121) Eastern Virginia Medical School 700 W. Olney Road Norfolk, VA 23507 757-446-5804757-446-7993 faxhttp://www.evms.edu/index.htmlhttp://www.evms.edu/students/fin-aid/index.html
122) University of Virginia School of Medicine P.O. Box 800793-McKim Hall Charlottesville, VA 22908 434-924-0033434-924-2279 faxhttp://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/internet/som/http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/internet/financial-aid/
123) Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine P.O. Box 980565 Richmond, VA 23298-0565 804-828-4006http://www.medschool.vcu.edu/index.htmlhttp://www.medschool.vcu.edu/studentaffairs/financial_aid/assistance.html Washington
124) University of Washington School of Medicine A -300 Box 356340; Hlth Sciences Center Seattle, WA 98195-6340 206-543-6101206-685-1338 faxhttp://uwmedicine.washington.edu/Education/MDProgram/ http://uwmedicine.washington.edu/Education/MDProgram/StudentAffairsAndServices/FinancialAid/
125) Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine at Marshall University 1600 Medical Center Drive Huntington, WV 25701-36551-800-438-5390304-696-3162304-696-3242 faxhttp://musom.marshall.edu/index2.asp?x=1280&y=768http://webcontent.marshall.edu/sites/sfa/Pages/home.aspx 126) West Virginia University School of Medicine Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center P.O. Box 9100 Morgantown, WV 26506-9100304-293-7206 Research304-293-7116 Education304-293-7038 faxhttp://www.hsc.wvu.edu/som/http://www.hsc.wvu.edu/fin/medaid.htm
127) Medical College of Wisconsin 8701 Watertown Plank Rd. Milwaukee, WI 53226-0509414-456-8208414-955-0119 faxhttp://www.mcw.edu/MCWHome.htmhttp://www.mcw.edu/medicalschool/financialaid.htm 128) University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health 750 Highland Avenue Madison, WI 53705-2221 414-456-8208414-955-0119 faxhttp://www.med.wisc.edu/education/main/100http://www.finaid.wisc.edu/index.php?module=categories&catid=106
Listed below are even more scholarships you can use to go to medical school.
Program Name: Federal Employee Education & Assistance Fund Amount (Max): $5,000Income Requirements: Merit/needGeographic Requirements: NationwideOther Requirements: Federal and postal employees with 3 years of service; spouses, children; GPA 3.0.Contact/Application: Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund, 3333 S. Wadsworth Blvd., Suite 300, Lakewood, CO 80227; 303-933-7580; Fax: 303-933-7587; http://www.feea.org/scholarships.html
Program Name: Richard Allen Williams ScholarshipsPlease Note: The Association of Black Cardiologists has posted a notice of regret for 2009, but asks students to check the website for notices of renewed support: See: http://www.abcardio.org/awards.htm
Program Name: American College of Legal Medicine Student Essays: Schwarz Award and Hoffman Bioethics Award Amount (Max): $1,000 (each)Income Requirements: Not specifiedGeographic Requirements: NationwideOther Requirements: all medical students; choose only one competition; essays must be submitted by email only; follow instructions. Contact/Application: American College of Legal Medicine, Two Woodfield Lake, 1100 E. Woodfield Rd. #520, Schaumburg, IL 60173; 847-969-0283; http://www.aclm.org; Email: email@example.com
Program Name: Helen Glaser Student Essay AwardsAmount (Max): $2,000Income Requirements: N/AGeographic Requirements: NationwideOther Requirements: male or female member students, writing on a non-technical aspect of medicine. Contact: Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, 525 Middlefield Rd. #130, Menlo Park, CA 94025; 650-329-0291; http://alphaomegaalpha.org/programs/StudentEssayAwards.htm