$6,000 for a Portable Fruit/Vegetable Cover to Extend To Growing Season
West Virginia Farm Bill Specialist
Natural Resources Conservation Service
U.S. Dept. of Agriculture
Question and Answer Session Includes Other Speakers
- 3-year, 38 states pilot project to support High Tunnels on local farms.
- These structures will extend the growing season for fruits and vegetables to be sold at local Farmers Markets.
- Money also available to help put in an irrigation system.
- They will pay for the build your own kits and are guaranteed for up to 10 years; maximum size is 2,000 square feet.
- All their programs are competitive.
- In West Virginia they anticipate funding every application they get.
- You can sign up any time of year for the program.
- They pay up to 75% of the cost of the structure and up to 90% in some categories.
- Different states may have different requirements.
- Extra money for beginning farmers (less than 10 years farming) and for socially disadvantaged individuals (including women) and limited resource farmers.
- They can be used on rented land.
This video was made at Future Harvest SASA Annual Convention http://www.futureharvestcasa.org/
PODCASTS and VIDEOS:
BEGIN ABOUT 4:15 on 0074.MTS
QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION:
For more information on participating in the Question and Answer Session, see:
Money for Beginning Farmers, Nurseries, Agribusinesses.
Low-Interest Loans & Grants For Farms, Wineries and Forest Products.
Ag Grants for Individuals, Researchers, Farmers, Consultants & Students.
Money If You Promise Not To Sell Your Land To Developers.
$6,000 For A Portable Cover To Extend Fruits and Vegetables Growing Season.